Everything Poppycock~

The Adventures of A Prince!

Prince Poppycock brings excitement to the stage with fantastic costumes, talent & bigger than life presence!

Poppycock is a British term for Nonsense!

Visit the KoP Network for the current Buzz on the Prince~ Kingdom of Poppycock

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I’m meeting a Prince tonight!



I went to the AGT tour show in Indy on Friday night (Oct. 22). This is my story and I’m sticking to it!
by Sandie Dapoz


I can’t believe it but I started getting ready on MONDAY for Friday night! Took my blouse to the dry cleaner, Bought lipstick, nail polish, eye shadow, blush, and a FREAKING CURLING IRON!!!!!!! Being a child of the 60’s who doesn’t normally
use makeup or sport curls except on very special occasions, I did not have ANY of
that stuff on hand! What the heck is THAT all about, HaaaHaaaHaa!!

My hubby’s comment was “Jeez, you don’t do all that for ME!” delivered with a pouty face….. “Honey, it’s for Poppycock! I’m meeting a prince tonight! I MUST be fit to stand in his presence!!!” “Oh, for Poppycock! Well, that makes it OK then,” he deadpanned. And then grinned.

Got to the show neatly coiffed and of course, as ravishing as I could be, and found our seats, which were SUPERB…. Row 6 Stage left, strategically placed near those fabulous steps that HRN dances down while clad in a cloud of golden magic. ;o)

The show began and the Champers party was ON! For his first number, the minute he peeked thru those curtains the place came alive with screams and SQUEEEEES!!! He danced onto the stage and into our hearts, and you could feel the audience just INHALING him! I got my mask out and waved it around whenever he came to our side of the stage, and by the end of the song it had fallen apart, for heaven’s sake! Standing Ovation #1.

I was torn between wanting to WATCH him and taking pictures, so I compromised with myself and did a little of each. HIS VOICE IN PERSON IS INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!! I
think my ears were transformed to little shells that would capture every nuance, every note, Every breath, and my heart rose with happiness! Wow, he knocked me out!!!!!!! His talk to the audience about the Trevor Project was so heartfelt and humble and moving, I could feel those around me responding to his sincere words. Huge applause after his talk.

Next up was Bohemian Rhapsody and it was a masterpiece! Love that outfit, love that song, my favorites! He was magical, playful and even naughty, teasing the audience with his performance. I can only say it was PERFECTION. Something that must be seen to be believed. Something that stays in the heart forever. You know how sometimes you hear a song from long ago and it triggers a vivid, forgotten memory? This performance was like that, except, the memory was of another world completely, one where you feel happy and free, floating above everything below. One where you are completely IN the moment, and the energy of the performer actually takes you to another place. Yes. It was like that. Standing Ovation #2.


Join us on an awesome new Fan Network
Kingdom Of Poppycock

No comments: